Restorative dentistry is a type of dental care associated with replacing or repairing a smile. Dr. Sara Gotwalt offers restorative dentistry solutions to patients in Lititz, PA. She helps patients replace missing teeth and address dental injuries or areas of discoloration. Dr. Gotwalt has years of experience helping patients find the right treatments to meet their needs and goals. Below, learn more about how restorative dental care can improve the form and function of your teeth.
Replacing Missing Teeth
These restorative options can be used to replace lost teeth:
- Dental Implants: Implants are titanium posts that can restore a single tooth or secure dental bridges and dentures. Dental implants offer a permanent restoration. This is because they fuse to the jaw bone during a three to six-month process called osseointegration.
- Dental Bridges: A dental bridge is a prosthetic that bridges the gap left by a row of missing teeth. Traditional dental bridges are secured in place by adjacent natural teeth that are covered by dental crowns. Dental bridges may also be supported by dental implants for a longer-lasting restoration.
Repairing Damaged Teeth
These dental restorations can address tooth injuries:
- Dental Crowns: Tooth crowns are porcelain ceramic caps that can change the shape, size, and color of teeth. They benefit patients who have injured, discolored, worn, or misshapen teeth. Dental crowns are also used to cover dental implants.
- Dental Bonding: Dr. Gotwalt may recommend dental bonding to address smaller areas of tooth damage. Like tooth crowns, dental bonding can address injured teeth. Using bonding material, Dr. Gotwalt can add structure and shape to the smile.
- Dental Fillings: Dental fillings are used to prevent reinfection and add structure to the teeth. Fillings are used after a root canal. Once the inside of the tooth is cleaned out a filling is used to seal the tooth and keep out decay.
Revitalize Your Smile Today
Do you want to restore damaged or missing teeth? Schedule a dental consultation with Dr. Gotwalt on our website or call 717-627-6980. Please let Dr. Gotwalt know if you have any remaining questions or concerns. She will be happy to assist you.